Per Mike Baldwin at the Daily Oklahoman, the second wave of current Barons will make their way to Edmonton following tonight’s game against the Charlotte Checkers.
“More than anything, we have to play as a team to be successful,” said team captain Josh Green. “We can’t rely on three or four guys doing the bulk of scoring. We all have to chip in. And we’ll have to play better defensively because we’re not going to score as many goals.”
Losing the “Fab Four” was just the first wave of players headed to Edmonton.
After Friday’s game, Teemu Hartikainen, Magnus Paajarvi, Chris VandeVelde and Colten Teubert are expected to join Edmonton’s training camp, which starts Sunday. Hartikainen and Paajarvi are projected to stick with the Oilers when the NHL season opens.
“The biggest thing is that our team comes together like last year,” said coach Todd Nelson. “Now there is no uncertainty. Now everybody can move forward. We can tweak our lineup as we see fit. Right now, I like the chemistry I have here.”
The speculation that Pajaarvi and Hartikainen will stay in Edmonton is just that, speculation. But the good money is on at least one staying there to start the NHL reduxed season.